There is so much more to a wedding venue than the aesthetics. Of course, that is important too. However, you’d be surprised at the amount of logistics that go into your wedding venue! Today, we’re going over 42 wedding venue questions that you should be asking at every venue tour.
40 Wedding Venue Questions to Ask
Keep in mind that some of these wedding venue questions will apply to your wedding, and some won’t! Go through each one and make your own list of ones that you know will be important to ask.
You could get lucky and your tour guide will cover all of these questions before you even get a chance to ask them! However, it’s good to have them prepared just in case.
- Is the site handicap accessible?
- What is the capacity?
- Can I hold the ceremony here?
- Are there noise restrictions?
- Are there any restrictions regarding decor?
- How many hours are included in the rental? How early can we arrive & how late can we stay?
- What is the electricity like? (i.e. are there enough outlets and power? What is the lighting like?)
- How many weddings do you allow in one day?
- Are there noise restrictions?
- What is the weather backup plan?
- Is my wedding date available? (If you have a specific one in mind)
- What is the walking/driving distance from the ceremony location? (If your ceremony is elsewhere)
- Are we allowed to rearrange anything?
- Is there a specific cocktail hour space?
Pricing & availability
- What is the cancellation policy?
- How much is the deposit?
- What are the rates for different days of the week (Friday, Saturday, Sunday, weekdays)? What about different seasons?
- How do you structure the payment schedule?
- How far in advance can I reserve my date?
- What is included in the total price?
- When is the last possible date to make changes to our reservation?
- When can vendors arrive for setup?
- Can the space accommodate a DJ? Live band?
- Do we have to use a list of approved vendors? If not, are there limitations on who we can use?
- Do you provide sound equipment and speakers? Or do they need to be rented or provided by our entertainment?
Food & drink
- Is there a food and beverage minimum?
- Do you provide an in-house caterer? If so, is the price included in the rental fee?
- If there is not an in-house caterer, can we choose our own? Or do we have to choose from a list of approved options?
- What if we don’t meet the food and beverage minimum?
- Do we have to purchase liquor through you or can we get it somewhere else?
- If we can bring our own liquor, is there a corkage or service fee?
- What does your venue coordinator handle? (Hint: most will not do nearly as much as a planner/coordinator will!)
- Will your staff be involved in setting up and breaking down? In what capacity?
- Who will be our main point of contact throughout wedding planning? What about on our wedding day? Can we meet them?
- Are there any hotels for guests nearby? Which ones do you recommend and how far are they?
- Is there on-site parking? How many spaces? Do you charge guests for parking?
- Is there a room available for childcare?
- How many bathrooms are there? Will we need to rent additional portable bathrooms?
- Is public transportation an option?
- Is there a coat check for winter weddings?
If you have more questions about searching for the perfect venue, feel free to contact us here. We’d love to help you!