Our wedding season is officially in full swing! We are wrapping up the last timeline confirmations, song choices and finishing touches on our weddings for next weekend. In the midst of it, it dawned on me that there were many times all of us in the office were writing the same wedding day packing list for our couples. Why not make it accessible to all couples? Weddings can be stressful, so we want to make it as easy as possible for everyone.
Below is the basic wedding day packing list of items/preparations all couples should pack together. Note: there are many different details for couples, so take our list, add, delete or edit it for your own!
WEDDING DAY PACKING LIST
- Getting ready attire (shirt, blouse, robe, slippers, etc.)
- Wedding dress! Be sure it is freshly steamed and packed up in the bag.
- Veil (If you’re using one!)
- Hair accessories; most brides will add a little glitz to their hair – be sure not to forget it!
- Engagement ring; you’re probably wearing it, but in case you had it cleaned and have it staying shiny in its box, be sure to pack it!
- Wedding bands; double check you have both yours and your sweetheart’s.
- Jewelry; this is everything from earrings, necklace, bracelet, rings, etc.
- Something old, new, borrowed and blue
- Touch up make-up
- Mini emergency kit (medicine, mini sewing kit, heel protectors, Tide To-Go, oil blotting cloths, deodorant, perfume, hairspray, hair ties, bobby pins, travel toothbrush and toothpaste, tampons, etc.)
- Bow tie or tie
- Tie clip (if applicable)
- Cuff-links (if you have a specific pair that you love or have been gifted)
- Accessories (handkerchief, watch, etc.)
All the items from the Bridal Attire section, plus:
- Fresh invitation suite
- Fresh addressed (not mailed) invitation envelope with vintage stamps
- Gifts for your future husband/wife; not all couples gift each other something on their wedding day, but if you decided to do it, don’t forget it!
- Letters to your future spouse; whether you do gifts or not, we think this is something really sweet that will be so special for you to reread in the future.
- Gifts for your parents
- Gifts for your bridal party; don’t forget about your ushers, flower girls, or ring bearers, too!
- Welcome bags! These are for out of town guests staying at the hotel.
- Any DIY items (aisle markers, arch, alter arrangement, etc.)
- Ceremony ritual accessories (unity candle, sand ceremony, wine box, love letter, ropes, etc.)
- Copy of vows
- Marriage license
- Champagne flutes
- Cake topper
- Table numbers
- Day-of stationery (escort cards/display, menu, signage, etc.)
- Photos to be displayed
- Guestbook (any accessories needed with it, like pens, markers, ink, baby wipes to clean fingers from ink, etc.)
- Card box (always have a box or something that is easy to place the cards, but more difficult to get them back out.)
- Signage (welcome sign, bar signs, quotes, gift table sign, guest book sign, etc.)
- Any DIY items
- Personalized items (cocktail napkins, straws, koozies, etc.)
- Favors! Many couples are going away from favors but don’t forget to pack them if you have them!
Exit (Reception or Ceremony)
- Any accessories needed (sparklers, balloons, bubbles, ribbon wands, etc.)
- You can check our our tipping blog post here for the today’s wedding vendor tipping etiquette.